Coding For Fun (April 2014)
It has been a while that we had a regular coding-for-fun event.
This month we will share coding-for-fun with the gnome.asia volunteer meeting.
coding-for-fun april will be hosted at Beihang University!
the exact location is not fixed yet. it depends on the availability of a room. if we get a room, it will be announced here. alternatively we will meet in the cafe 'sculpting in time'
One of the topics will be to work on the beijinglug.org website.
coding-for-fun aims to bring together developers in an informal way to encourage them to share their projects and coding experience. So, it's basically like a hackathon. Everyone hacks on their own project or may join someone elses project. People may also give short presentations or demos of their current projects and maybe get some feedback and suggestions.
- your laptop and all the equipment and gear you need
- a power strip (电源排座)
coding-for-fun is open to anyone interested in sharing and learning.
BLUG membership is not required
Projects are not restricted. They can be about free software, open hardware or something else entirely.Time: 11:00 - dinner
Date: Saturday, April 26, 2014
Location: Beihang University
Address (Chinese): 北航新主楼
Address (English): Beihang University
Directions:From the subway, walk north 750 meters
Subway: Line 10 XiTuCheng(西土城)
BLUG Tuesday - eastwards (22.4)
Emily from the Gnome Users Group invites us to visit places near Changying
1. Shan You Hua
currently they have promotion on Meituan, 9.9 RMB for any drinks.
2. Maan Coffee
Nice place, few people, coffee price is about 35 RMB
because this is in the far east of beijing we'll meet a bit later at 7:30pm, right at the subway station
Date: Tuesday, April 22, 2014
Location: Changying Subway Station, Exit B.
Subway: Line 6
BLUG Tuesday - Trees in Sanlitun (15.4)
We'll meet in front of Yashow market amd walk north from there.
Date: Tuesday, April 15, 2014
Location:Sanlitun - Yashow market
Subway: Line 10
BLUG Meeting with Larry Wall (April 2014)
Larry Wall and his wife Gloria will join us for this meeting.
Larry will tell us about their exploits of the past two weeks in Beijing, about learning chinese characters, and his impression of Open Source in China.
Date: Tuesday, April 8th, 2014
Location: Korean restaurant named YiFanShiDaiShaoKao, No.5-5, DongZhiMenNeiDaJie (Gui Jie)
: 一番时代烧烤-东城区东直门内大街5－5号(簋街 )
Subway: Dongzhimen Exit A
Perl Mini Workshop With Larry Wall
Perl Mini Workshop With Larry Wall
Larry 做第一个演讲，PerlChina 社区 3 个 Perl 主题演讲。
Larry will give a talk and Perlchina community will have 3 talks.
- Feersum 实现高效 IP 调度器
- Transformer系统介绍 - proxy 与翻译完美结合打造本土化开源社区。
- Perl & Dragon
- 时间：4月7日下午 2:00 - 6:00
- 地点： 朝阳区甜水园东街2号, 甜水园商务中心D坊 (近 6 号线的金台路站）
- time: April 7th 2pm - 6pm
- location: Happy Latte _New_ Office, D Fang Tianshuiyuan Business Center Tianshuiyuan Dongjie No. ( near station Jintai Lu on line 6 )
- map: http://j.map.baidu.com/64t3A
Page 1 of 34
- Call for Topics and Sponsors--OSDT 2014 (HelloGCC)
- In Events and conferences
- Last post by teawater
- at 20:29 on Apr 24, 2014
- persmule: “雕刻时光”=“sculping in time”=” “雕刻时光”=“<a target="_blank" href="http://www.sitcoffee.com/“">>>link<<</a>
- persmule: “雕刻时光”=“sculping in time"="<a target="_blank" href="http://www.sitcoffee.com/"">>>link<<</a>
- eMBee: we had a full house for HFD at the makerspace in beijing!
- Fred: HFD is today! Yeah!
- Fred: seems like not. Will continue exploring...
- Fred: hopefully the DB crashes are over too :/
- Fred: some old cache files needed to be removed. All should be fine now. If not, please point out your issue in the forum replying to my post. Thanks and happy BLUG!
- Fred: Site is currently back, still have a few issues but should be fixed within this day
- Fred: Sorry my internet got cut and the move is happening today. Backup is be done now and then the move will happen.
- eMBee: that is, don't post anything you want to not loose, but discussions about meetings like the one today are surely fine. better than not talking at all :-)